The Discipline of Paediatrics has ILP and Honours projects available in all paediatric sub-specialities.
- The Independent Learning Project (ILP) is intended to provide UNSW medical students with a period of in-depth study that engenders an approach to medicine that is constantly questioning and self-critical. More information...
- The BSc (Med) Hons program is a one-year (34 weeks) supervised research program leading to the award of the degree of Bachelor of Science (Medicine) Honours. Students undertake the program in Year 4. More information...
Find a Supervisor
Discipline of Paediatrics Information Evening
The 2016 Information Evening (for student commencing ILP / Honours in 2017) was held on Wednesday 23rd March 2016.
The evening will give students the opportunity to hear in brief the types of projects able to be offered by paediatric sub-specialities and research groups and also introduce them to supervisors - with a chance to network after the presentations.
Those unable to attend the Information Evening can download slides and supervisor profiles below:
Support for Students
The Discipline of Paediatrics supports the research of ILP / Honours students by providing support with biostatistics, ethics and governance, and hospital orientation i.e. ID badges, hospital log-in’s etc.
Discipline of Paediatrics ILP Awards
The Discipline of Paediatrics ILP Awards are held annually during UNSW Paediatrics Research Week.
UNSW Medicine students currently completing their ILP in the field of paediatrics are invited to submit and abstract, which is reviewed by a panel of assessors. Four finalists are selected to give an oral presentation of their work.
Two prizes are awarded:
- Overall Winner (decided by a panel of judges); and
- People’s Choice (decided by the audience).
Entries have closed.
Finalists will be announced the week commecning Monday 24th October 2016.
The authors of the best abstracts will be invited to give a short presentation outlining their research at a special UNSW Paediatrics Research Week - Sydney Children’s Hospital Grand Rounds on 16th November 2016.
The presentations will be held in the John Beveridge Lecture Theatre, Level 1, Sydney Children's Hospital.
A light lunch will be provided from 12:30pm. Presentations will commence at 1pm.
All our welcome to attend.
Congratulations to our winners in 2015:
- Overall Winner - Harleen Kaur
- People's Choice - Bahaven Jeyaratnam
All abstracts submitted in 2015 are available here.
Interested in supervising an ILP / Honours student?
The Discipline of Paediatrics has put together a summary document to answer some of your initial questions.
This information is for current supervisors / co-supervisors, and potential supervisors, and provided as a brief summary.
It is subject to change annually. For the most up-to-date information, refer to links to the UNSW Medicine webpage, provided in each section.